Restaurant & Public Houses

Running a busy restaurant or public house can be very demanding, which is why it’s good to know you can rely on us to arrange the optimum insurance solution for your needs, based on your individual requirements.

Running a restaurant or public house is all about bringing people together for a variety of reasons: social, romantic, special event, work outing or celebration, but it’s essential you protect your business and your customers. Restaurant and public house insurance provides cover for licensed business owners to protect their business contents, employees and customers under one comprehensive policy.

We understand that every business is different, with its own unique needs and risks. So, whether you run a restaurant, pub, wine bar, café or takeaway, and whether you have one establishment or a chain of outlets, we can tailor cover to meet your specific requirements.

Searching a panel of top insurers, we can provide a bespoke policy to meet your individual requirements. Typical covers include public liability insurance, employers’ liability, business interruption, contents, seasonal stock increases and glass cover. If required, we can add other covers, depending on your individual risk profile.

Talk to us in the first instance and we’ll be happy to assess and advise on the covers you need to have in place, and source the optimum solution, ensuring your business is protected, leaving you free to concentrate on giving your customers a great experience.

Need advice? Get in touch.

Call 020 8554 5500 During Business Hours (Mon-Fri)

Complete our enquiry form

    Get in touch

    Business contents insurance is a type of business insurance that can protect the possessions and equipment in your work premises. It’s also known as commercial contents or business assets insurance.


    Any business which holds a high amount of stock, whether that’s to wholesalers or directly to consumers, should consider stock insurance. A policy can cover the cost price of your stock, typically including raw materials, work in progress, finished goods and office supplies.

    Business Interruption

    This form of insurance is designed and intended to mitigate losses to a company’s trading position, allowing you to get back on track as quickly as possible.

    Click here for more information.

    Public and Products Liability

    This class of insurance is designed to protect a business in the event that an allegation of responsibility for personal injury or property damage is brought against the business from a third party.

    Click here for more information.

    Loss of Licence

    As a business, you strive to comply with licensing laws but despite this, your alcohol licence can still be revoked by your Local Authority due to external circumstances beyond your control, such as public nuisance and crime and disorder.

    Loss of licence insurance protects against losses from having your alcohol licence revoked and can cover costs and expenses incurred when applying to regain it.


    Cyber criminals are after data, looking to cause system interruption and obtain money.

    No matter how robust your protections are, antivirus can only combat known issues (antivirus companies have been hacked!) and cyber-criminals value all data, yours included. Their method of attack can take many forms.

    Click here for more information.

    Management Liability (D&O)

    Traditionally known as Directors & Officers Insurance, Management Liability Insurance protects company directors, senior managers and officers of charities, boards and committees if a negligence claim is brought against them in court or at an employment tribunal.

    Click here for more information.


    About W B Baxter

    Claims support

    Chartered Status

    We have been awarded the prestigious title of Chartered Insurance Brokers by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).

    Insurance Network

    Membership to WTW Networks enables us to offer a compelling proposition for the benefit of our clients.

    Company History

    Maintaining our reputation since 1911, we pride ourselves on delivering professionalism, transparency and integrity.

    Want to talk about Restaurant & Public Houses Insurance?

    W B Baxter Ltd,
    263 Cranbrook Road,
    Ilford, Essex,
    IG1 4TG

    Copyright @ 2023 W B Baxter Ltd.
    W B Baxter Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Company Registration Number: 277519 | FCA Registration Number: 146480. If you have a complaint or dispute with us and are unable to resolve this to your satisfaction, we are obliged to offer you the Financial Ombudsman Service to help resolve this, please see the following link for further details: