Contractors come in many forms, from independent one person companies, such as electricians, plumbers or joiners, through small building firms, property developers and architects, up to main contractors responsible for significant construction projects.

All will need a range of insurance protection to enable them to fulfil their duties, most of which are detailed under the various classes of insurance shown under the Business Insurance section of this website. However, there are other more bespoke covers that persons involved in the construction industry may require.

Contractors All Risks cover, Short Period Contract Works policies and Non-Negligent Liability insurance are just a few of the specific insurance products that a contractor, or indeed their client, may wish to consider. We can also provide advice on Latent Defects and Building Warranties.

Insurance may be required to offer protection against the loss, or damage, to works being undertaken from commencement to completion, including the materials brought on site during the process to be incorporated in the works. In addition tools, plant and temporary buildings may also be required to perform the contract, all requiring insurance cover. A Contractors All Risk or Short Period Contract Works policy will afford protection in these instances.

Whilst you may already have Public Liability insurance in place, this will only provide you with protection where you are responsible for property damage where you have been negligent. What about if damage is caused to a neighbouring property, from your actions, despite the fact you have adhered to all guidelines? Non-Negligent Liability will afford protection against the loss or damage to adjacent or properties located nearby where you have not been negligent but none the less your actions have caused damage.

We would be happy to discuss your requirements with you to ensure you are suitably protected.

Need advice? Get in touch.

Call 020 8554 5500 During Business Hours (Mon-Fri)

Complete our enquiry form

    Get in touch
    Property Damage

    This generally refers to the buildings included in your business assets and includes the structure as well as permanent fixtures and the surrounding grounds (driveways, patios, paths and outbuildings). A policy can also be extended to cover machinery and equipment that is critical in running your business.

    Public and Products Liability

    This class of insurance is designed to protect a business in the event that an allegation of responsibility for personal injury or property damage is brought against the business from a third party.

    Click here for more information.

    Professional Indemnity

    Professional Indemnity insurance is important if your business gives advice to other people or businesses, this type of cover is designed to protect you if you provide them with incorrect advice which results in them suffering a financial loss which could result in them taking legal action against you.

    Click here for more information.

    Management Liability (D&O)

    Traditionally known as Directors & Officers Insurance, Management Liability Insurance protects company directors, senior managers and officers of charities, boards and committees if a negligence claim is brought against them in court or at an employment tribunal.

    Click here for more information.


    Cyber criminals are after data, looking to cause system interruption and obtain money.

    No matter how robust your protections are, antivirus can only combat known issues (antivirus companies have been hacked!) and cyber-criminals value all data, yours included. Their method of attack can take many forms.

    Click here for more information.


    Many businesses rely on their company vehicles to effectively manage their business.

    Whether you operate a fleet of vehicles numbering from 3 to over 100 vehicles, we will be happy to discuss your requirements with you, before submitting presentations to insurers who we believe will best match your needs.

    Click here for more information.

    Goods in Transit

    Goods in transit and marine cargo insurance protects movement of your goods from the point of origin to the final destination, or inland from one place to another, against theft, loss or damage.

    Click here for more information.


    About W B Baxter

    Claims support

    Chartered Status

    We have been awarded the prestigious title of Chartered Insurance Brokers by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).

    Insurance Network

    Membership to WTW Networks enables us to offer a compelling proposition for the benefit of our clients.

    Company History

    Maintaining our reputation since 1911, we pride ourselves on delivering professionalism, transparency and integrity.

    Want to talk about Construction Insurance?

    W B Baxter Ltd,
    263 Cranbrook Road,
    Ilford, Essex,
    IG1 4TG

    Copyright @ 2023 W B Baxter Ltd.
    W B Baxter Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Company Registration Number: 277519 | FCA Registration Number: 146480. If you have a complaint or dispute with us and are unable to resolve this to your satisfaction, we are obliged to offer you the Financial Ombudsman Service to help resolve this, please see the following link for further details: