Unoccupied Property

If you own property that is left unoccupied at any time, it may be vulnerable to a higher level of risk, which is why it’s essential you have appropriate cover in place providing appropriate protection.

Most home insurance policies, including high net worth contracts reduce cover when the property is unoccupied for extended periods of time.

Properties that are left vacant for any length of time are more vulnerable to a wider range of risks, including fire, theft and escape of water. Furthermore, they are more susceptible to extreme weather events, such as wind, rain, storms and flooding. This is because the damage can be undetected for a longer time, resulting in greater damage.

Whatever the nature of your unoccupied property, including but not limited to being up for sale, awaiting probate or before works commence, we can arrange bespoke cover, providing protection that is tailored to your specific requirements.

Talk to us today and ensure you have appropriate cover in place , giving you the peace of mind that your unoccupied property is protected against all insurable risks.

Need advice? Get in touch.

Call 020 8554 5500 During Business Hours (Mon-Fri)

Complete our enquiry form

    Get in touch

    Further insurance to consider:

    Chartered Status

    We have been awarded the prestigious title of Chartered Insurance Brokers by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).

    Social Responsibility

    Whilst the core principles of Insurance remain largely unaltered, the way we conduct business has changed immensely.

    Company History

    Maintaining our reputation since 1911, we pride ourselves on delivering professionalism, transparency and integrity.

    Want to talk about Unoccupied Property Insurance?

    W B Baxter Ltd,
    263 Cranbrook Road,
    Ilford, Essex,
    IG1 4TG

    Copyright @ 2023 W B Baxter Ltd.
    W B Baxter Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Company Registration Number: 277519 | FCA Registration Number: 146480. If you have a complaint or dispute with us and are unable to resolve this to your satisfaction, we are obliged to offer you the Financial Ombudsman Service to help resolve this, please see the following link for further details: